Wednesday, June 5, 2013

The Thorn By Beverly Lewis

I actually had problems getting into this book which is a bit odd because I love not only Amish romance but Beverly Lewis is one of my favorites.

This book centers around Rosie and her family. Her sister Hen has married an English man and turned her back on her heritage at least until she notices how worldly her five year old daughter has become. Wanting to share her upbringing with her daughter though causes problem int eh marriage for Hen and her Husband.

Mamma Emma was injured in a buggy accident five years ago. No one truly knows what happened but Emma is no longer able to walk. Rose feels it is her job to take care of her mother even if it means she must forgo looking for a husband of her own.

Nick, an English boy who was adopted by the bishop has become one of Rosie's best friends but she doesn't see his growing love for her or understand her feelings for him. Nick isn't a proper Amish boy and she knows he will never stay in the fold so even though she loves him she agrees to become Silas's steady girl.

When a tragedy strikes the area and Nick is accused Rosie must decided if her heart is with Nick, the outsider or with Silas, the good Amish boy.

As I sai I enjoy Amish Romance and Beverly Lewis in general but this book I felt lacked the normal page turning suspense that most of her books do. It even seemed to lack the romance that most of her books do. I wasn't swept into Amish country nor did I care which boy she ended up with. If yo have never read one of Beverly's books then skip this one and choose instead perhaps her Abram's daughters books. If you have read Beverly's books and you are a fan like I am then I think you will find this book to be a bit flat.

No comments:

Post a Comment