Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Name on my Wrist By J.M. Snyder

I must say this was a very short story. I'm not even 100% sure I would call it a story since it was only 11 pages long. Does that make it more of a prose? How to review this without giving anything away. Well when I first picked it up to read I was expecting to need some tissues. It did come with a warning that this was very sad. Did I cry? Nope, Did I feel a tear forming? Nope. I didn't connect with anyone enough to actually want to cry.
This is a story of a man who is remembering his first love. It is when Vietnam was being fought and innocence was lost when those you love are called up in the draft. As I said it is 11 pages and that includes the cover  and all the other stuff that goes into the front of the book.

It is a free read at B&N though so I can't complain that much. If you want a five minute read by all means grab it up, if you want something that will make you grab the tissue box this isn't it.


No comments:

Post a Comment