Monday, July 8, 2013

A home in the west

I have to say I love Amish Fiction. There is nothing more touching then the sweetness of a relationship without the need for sex. I love seeing a relationship bloom, sometimes against all odds. What I love and what this book is are two different things. I am aware this is a free short story but...I felt nothing for the people in the book. Yes the Amish took in a young boy and his mother. They lived among them, became one of the people. Of course this was told to me in a couple of short paragraphs. The same with a romance, the book didn't make me fall in love, it was more like reading a Sunday paper. The facts were given and a marriage created but nothing more then that.
Really if your looking for some sweet romance skip this short story, it didn't live up to its promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment