Saturday, May 18, 2013

Shatter me by Tehereh Mafi


. It was really hard for me to get into but once I did I couldn't put it down.
Juliette is locked away fro her own good. Her touch can and has killed people. She is happy locked away because then she can't hurt anyone.
The drought has come, the plants died, then the animals followed by people. The reestablishment has taken over the world. They decide what language we can speak, how we should live, what we can eat. The is a resistance though, and the reestablisment wants to use Juliette and her deadly touch to torture people to giving away the location of the resistance.
Will Juliette join the reestablisment or will she fight the movement?

As I said it reminded me a lot of x-men. There are people that have developed a special mutant power and they must learn to live in a society that doesn't accept them. If you make it past the first third of the book you will be happy you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment